OtheGreetings to all my valued clients and customers!
In response to the Coronavirus shut-downs across the region, I wanted to give you the latest info from the Governor’s office on what’s happening here in Delaware.
First off, there are 8 known cases as of today in DE, and all in New Castle County—mostly related to a few individuals at University of Delaware who attended a NJ event. The state government and Division of Public Health is following CDC guidelines closely to prevent spread. Basically, they are asking citizens to use common-sense precautions on washing hands and disinfecting surfaces, as well as limiting public activities and gatherings—and keeping a recommended 6’ social distance with others during this time.
Additionally, I listened to the recent Virtual Town Hall that Governor Carney had yesterday, and below is a synopsis of that. You can watch/listen to the entire conversation, which included many questions from the public, here: https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/epi/2019novelcoronavirus.html.
As for Real Estate, this is still a very hot market, and my colleagues and I at all the Keller Williams market centers in the area are very busy! In fact, my last two listings were under contract in under a week at full price, and my colleagues are reporting similar activity. Travel is not limited, the beaches are open, and I have listed all the closings as of this date below, as well as helpful information for Sussex County in particular. Please feel free to call me to discuss your Real Estate situation.
Governor Carney’s latest updated State of Emergency
- Mandated that all Restaurants, Pubs and Bars are limited to carry-out and delivery only. Please support our local restaurants by calling in take-out orders).
- Limiting gatherings to 50 and under (which will soon lower to 10 per new CDC guidelines).
- Groceries, Convenience and Liquor Stores open.
- Tolls booths will route all traffic through EZ pass (no cash lanes). Travelers will be billed from EZ pass.
- No plans to close DMV—but they will be taking credit/debit only for services (no cash). Vision testing is suspended (waived) and emissions testing waived during the state of emergency.
- No mandatory limit to returning from international travel (outside Federal rules already in place).
- If Federal extends tax deadline, DE will do the same.
Sussex County Information
- Sussex County libraries will be closed until further notice.
- Other Govt. facilities are open to the public, except anyone exhibiting symptoms.
- State Parks and beaches are OPEN, although Bicycle renting is now prohibited.
- City of Rehoboth: No plans to close the beach at this time.
- City of Lewes: No plans to close the beach at this time.
- City of Bethany Beach: No plans to close beach at this time.
Sussex County Website: https://sussexcountyde.gov/
is your real estate agent on the Delaware shore.
Give her a call today!
18344 Coastal Hwy
Lewes, DE 19958